For those serious about Internet safety and security, setting up a Virtual Private Network (VPN) service is practically a necessity for any streamer. Looking for the best VPN for streamers is not an easy task because it requires more power from the VPN.
A VPN works by replacing a user’s IP address with one provided by the VPN service; the service protects your data once it leaves your computer by rerouting it to a different location.
VPN services are important for anyone who is looking for the best setup for streaming. VPN’s are a way for you to protect your privacy and not allow users to DDOS you. If you are taking streaming serious, having a VPN is w For streamers, there are other considerations compared to others. VPNs add latency and reduce internet speeds. This means, not only do you need a secure VPN, you need one that doesn’t reduce the latency for you.
Factors for Streamer VPNs
For a streamer who doesn’t need many extra features geared towards businesses and organizations, picking a user friendly option is viable. More time for gaming. Depending on your comfort with technology and over patience, this factor can be weighed accordingly.
You won’t want to have to contact customer service but if you did having 24/7 support is important. The VPNs on this list provide all companies with excellent customer service.
Cost will vary from one VPN to the next, and can make the decision more complex based on subscription period. Most VPN services provide users with either a monthly subscription, 1 year, or 3 year. Depending on the plan you pick, depends how much you will pay. For not allowing others to DDOS you easily having a VPN is very important for any gamer.
Goodbye are the days of getting DDOS and no more worrying when you are streaming on services like Twitch, Mixer, or Youtube.
Picking the best VPN for streamers is important. My #1 choice is IPVanish, They are who I use. Make sure to read all the options before selecting yours.
With an eye towards performance, security, ease of use, and cost – let’s take a look at some of the best gaming VPNs on the market today.
THE BEST VPNS FOR STREAMERS OF 2020
IPVanish is a powerful VPN service that is well-received and well-reviewed year after year. The service is US-based and has servers in 60 countries. As far as gaming needs, IPVanish boasts top tier speed and excellent encryption. The basic plan allows 5 connections on different devices all at once. If you are looking for performance without the need for the constant support, and you want a reputable company at a great price, then IPVanish is a great pick for your gaming VPN service.
- One of the fastest VPNs
- Ability to use 5 devices simultaneously
- User-friendly apps on almost any device
- One of the most affordable services
- Lots of bells and whistles, such as a kill switch and DNS leak protection
- A reputable, trustworthy company with years of success
- 40,000 IP addresses
- 1300 VPN servers in 75 locations globally
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Zero traffic logs
- Unlimited server switching
- SOCKSS web proxy
- Unlimited P2P traffic
- Strongest encryption – AES-256
- Geo-locked content access
- Customer service mostly responds during US business hours
- US based means possible surveillance or privacy issues
PureVPN is one of this lists most highly transparent VPN service provider. They are based out of Hong Kong and with more than 2000 servers in 180 locations. Providing users with more than 300,000 IP addresses and is one of the best VPN in the market right now. As most of us know, the Asian market for video games is powerful. This is why PureVPN is so important to the gaming community. With low latency, they provide top of the line services for tons of different locations.
- 31-day money-back guarantee
- HIgh-speed streamer ability
- Supports bitcoin payments
- Unlimited server switches and bandwidth
- Compatible with all browsers and devices
- Servers are evenly distributed across the globe
- Slower download speeds
- Reports of streaming errors with Netflix USA
ExpressVPN is a VPN provider based in the Virgin Islands with servers in 87 countries. The product is the simplest on the list, and provides some of the best encryption. While it may not have the deep pool of features that larger services offer, its perfect for that PC gamer. The ease of use and the quality of its basic features bring it to the top of my list for best gaming vpns.
- Easy to set up and use
- 24/7 customer support with fast response time
- Servers in 87 countries
- Top tier encryption
- VPN spilt tunneling
- No connection and activity logs
- Private, encrypted, zero-knowledge DNS
- Allows you to stream in restricted locations
- Not as fast as other VPNs
- A more expensive option ($8.32/month for an annual plan)
- Minimal logs kept, which could compromise security
VyprVPN provides a proven VPN service that all gamers wil llove. It is one of the fastest service, with great proprietary encryption technology, and has a very good customer service team. Located in Switzerland, providing excellent user privacy. Supports 3 devices and doesn’t include advanced features of other VPNS, Vypr achieves its goal very well great speed and encryption at an affodable annual price. This is perfect for gamers who are mainly after the basic features of a VPN, but want the best out of those features, think PC gamer, Xbox, and PS4.
- One of the fastest VPN services
- Great encryption and privacy
- 24/7 live support
- 30 day money-back guarantee
- Premium plan includes CloudVPN
- Month-to-month plans are substantially more expensive ($9.95/month v. $5/month billed annually)
- Less advanced features than other services
HIdeMyAss is one of those VPN services that work with gamers very well. First, they have the perfect name for any gamer. They have a nice niche following as a VPN provider with an easy to use interface. It’s modern encryption works great for gamers, and has good performance on speed tests. They have server locations in over 190 countries. While it is not a robust a service as some other VPNs, Hide My Ass achieves every streamers dream of being a sleek and simple VPN service, with excellent speeds around the world.
- Great speed and consistency, doing well on performance tests
- Servers in 190 countries allow global access and performance
- Highly acclaimed interface and user experience
- 24/7 live chat support
- Not as many features for the price
- Keeps user logs for 2 to 3 months
NordVPN is making the rounds in the VPN world as a sleek and high-performing service with the latest in encryption technology. It seeks to combine elements of other VPNs that are fast, minimal loss of speed, and high security. This is why it’s perfect for a gaming-oriented VPN. While they have a deep list of features, the essentials are easy to use and consistently deliver results with minimal management.
They don’t have as many servers as other VPN services only 730 servers in 58 countries, and comes in at a slightly higher price point than some of the competition. This will stay at the top of the list for gamers who are seeking the privacy of security of a VPN, with minimal loss in speed or performance.
- Great client with an intuitive interface
- Provides an excellent balance of speed and security
- Up to 6 devices can be used simultaneously with the basic plan
- State of the art encryption, with cutting edge privacy features
- Variety of servers, some geared more towards security and other towards performance
- Does not keep logs, and based in Panama for great privacy
- No ad block feature
- A more expensive option (although the 2-year plan is much more affordable)
- Below average customer support
- Only offers a 3-day trial that can be difficult to set up
Buffered is new to the VPN services, but so far they have delivered on its promise to be top of the line. Based in Gibraltar and an accessible platform and interface with even better privacy, thanks to local laws. Servers are not located in tons of places currently only 40 countries. As time goes on it seems they are expanding the locations. They may not have years of backed supporters yet, but they have great speed tests results for your gaming needs. If you are located near one of its server locations and don’t mind paying a slightly higher price, Buffered can be a great gaming VPN with top tier speed and security.
- A very fast VPN with minimal impact to performance
- User friendly, with built in tutorials for troubleshooting
- Connect up to 5 devices simultaneously
- High security due to modern encryption and overseas location
- Less servers globally means not all connections will be equally fast
- Least expensive plan is $8.25/month billed annually
SaferVPN offers gamers excellent speeds, well priced solutions, and customer support at your finger tips. They have a solid encryption and protect your IP address, they may not be as advanced as other VPNs but for a gamer they cover all the topics. We all still like to have the heightened sense of security that a VPN brings while maintaining low latency for gaming purposes. If these same people are looking to spend only $5.99 per month and have a responsive customer support team to spend less time being frustrated and more time on their hobbies, then they should shortlist SaferVPN as a candidate for their VPN needs.
- Excellent speed and reliable connectivity
- Great customer service support
- Very affordable plans, especially for the high level of performance
- Connect up to 5 devices simultaneously
- Less robust features package for the sophisticated user
- Does not boast the proprietary security features of other VPNs
BEST VPN FOR GAMERS
Gaming is a growing industry with millions of people logging online everyday and joining that new server or game. If you are like me and stream on Twitch, Mixer or Youtube it is essential to have a VPN.
The good news is, having all these options to choose from will make it easy for you to get secure so the next DDOS doesn’t happen.
If you are looking for my recommendations, as a avid gamer for well over 10+ years. The company i would recommend is IPVanish. I have been using them for alittle over 3 years now and never have had an issue with them. They are 5 stars in my book
What gaming vpn do you use? Leave a comment.